So let me first give you the background……. People from different parts of the country celebrate The Durga Puja in different styles. But the intent remains the same…. Salutation to Shakti, the goddess in her aspect as power, who is the consort of Lord Shiva, to bless us with her loving mercy and protect us against any evil. Held in commemoration of the victory of Durga over Mahishasura, the buffalo-headed demon…her image is worshipped for nine days and then cast into water on tenth day which is called Vijaya Dasami.
Another story which I hrd ws tht the mother of godess Durga (that is, the wife of the King of the Himalayas) wanted to c her daughter. Durga ws permitted by Lord Shiva to visit her beloved mother only 4 nine days in the year. The festival of Durga Puja marks this brief visit n ends with the Vijaya Dasami day, whn Goddess Durga leaves for her return to Mount Kailas. So on the tenth day, the day of “Bisorjon” Godess Durga leaves for mount Kailas when she’s cast away in water. And that’s why it is said tat all who live away from home should return during the Puja days. It symbolises the days to meet your loved ones.
Actually we had big plans for this navratri… goin 4 dandiya is by default the plan..but this year I was planning to go to Kolkata for Durga pooja ..with D…but then I’d to back out due to official commitments. And a very unexpected change in plan made D cancel his trip too… and here we were … together… actually we already had an invitation from our Dude Ramit and his sis Dakhina to attend the pooja at their place in delhi…. So we planned to go there…
but first we went around Gurgaon to check out the pondals…
So let s start with apna Kendriya Vihar sec. 56…
Sushant lok….
Next evening we were in Delhi…at Ramit's place....at Parpargunj…
Aarti…….
Samachar Apt. , IP Extn.
Minto Road…there ws a nice music troop… they had a nice vocalist but the chorus was excellent…;)
South Delhi Durga badi…
And thn we went to Safdarjung Durga Mandol…no wonder it won the best pandol award for this year….
Next halt was at R K Puram….
And now at 3 30 am we were at C R Park…..
I really liked this one …. Everything was so meticulously done….
and the idol was awsome
B Block…..
And this was the last one for the day .. or nite ..or should I say last one for the morning…

Really nicely done…
I was thinking … not even at a single pandol was any duplicacy…I mean no two idols were alike… the mandol were different… and I must say one thing… it is a grt time to see so many artistic skills….right from the beginning …..for the potter shows his skill in making those images with a precision, the meticulous painter in filling in the right colours, pandol made with days of efforts, the priest in reciting the sacred books, and all nine days ppl celebrate the cultural events.
Next day was the day of “Bisorjon”… the day of departure…when Maa Durgaa leaves for mount kailas…. And here we were…



And the dancing begins….





And then I did dhunuchi..its a dance form which traditionally only boys should be doin during the pooja…but guess there were not many Dhunuchiers, so girls took over… but I ddnt wanted to miss the chance….and trust me among all salsa, cha cha n tangos, this was something that really needs some unwinding of your soul… really, one can only do this right when he is not doin it his senses but the way the moment drives him… you can feel the stroke of spirituality and drive of powerful emotions in this dance….


And after all this came the moment of departure…
Really nicely done…
Next day was the day of “Bisorjon”… the day of departure…when Maa Durgaa leaves for mount kailas…. And here we were…
And the dancing begins….
And then I did dhunuchi..its a dance form which traditionally only boys should be doin during the pooja…but guess there were not many Dhunuchiers, so girls took over… but I ddnt wanted to miss the chance….and trust me among all salsa, cha cha n tangos, this was something that really needs some unwinding of your soul… really, one can only do this right when he is not doin it his senses but the way the moment drives him… you can feel the stroke of spirituality and drive of powerful emotions in this dance….
And after all this came the moment of departure…

No comments:
Post a Comment